Product Description & Info
This Shin-Etsu PCS-TC-11T-13 thermal pad is one of only a select few AMD approved Thermal interface
materials. Shin-Etsu's phase change thermal pads soften at 48C and flow
into surface irregularities of the heatsink and CPU, reducing contact
- High thermal conductivity
- Very low thermal resistance which improves with aging
- Applying heat and pressure further lowers the thermal resistance.
- Excellent initial (assembly) and long term adhesion
- Excellent process ability and transfer to the heat sink
- Thermally stable products
- Available in bulk quantities at discounted rates for OEMs & Systems
Benefit: General Purpose
Thickness: 130 m (micrometers or microns)
Specific Gravity 25C: 2.5
Softening Point C: 48
Thermal Conductivity W/m C: 3.8
|Thermal Resistance C cm2 /W
Each square pad is hand cut (when purchased in small quantities) with plastic backing on both sides. To
install the pad use the following instructions.
1. Clean your heatsink and processor. We recommend using Akasa's
Tim Clean or Arctic
Silver's Arcticlean. For our example, we use an NVidia 7900 GPU.
2. Using your fingernail, remove the plastic opposite of the green side of
the pad. It helps to start peeling the plastic at one corner. For Integrated Heat spreader
processors such as Intel's Socket 478 Pentium 4 chip, place the pad on the core
directly. If you have an Athlon XP processor, it is suitable to place the pad on
your heatsink first. Be sure to position the pad overtop of where your core
comes into contact with the heatsink! The plastic should peel off easily.
3. Position the exposed pad overtop of your core (or heatsink) and press it
down firmly from one side to the next.
4. Remove the white plastic by pulling on the section not covering the pad.
Again it helps to start pulling it off at one corner. For larger cores, this should lift off the pad
without pulling the material off at all. For smaller cores such as Athlon XP
processors and GPUs, a perfect cutout of the contact area will rip away on its
own, leaving the good section on the core.
Step 5. The TIM is applied and your GPU/CPU is ready for its heatsink/waterblock.
You are viewing Shinetsu 25x25mm Thermal Pad - AMD Approved!